Vass Imre Cave
Distance: 6.5 km (approx 4.5 miles)
Duration: 3 hours
The tour departs from the Baradla Cave Jósvafő Ticket Office. The walking tour between the ticket office and the cave entrance is about 6 km. Inside the cave, visitors will go about 500 m (total) into the cave and back. The entire tour takes about 3 hours, 45-50 minutes of which is spent inside the cave. Along the way, visitors will learn about the most extraordinary fauna in both the surface and underground worlds. By springs and streams the tour takes you through characteristic karst topography. While inside the Imre Vass Cave, stalagmites and an endless richness of colours mesmerise visitors. The most spectacular formation is the 8-meter high Orange Torrent, flanked by flag stalactites, straws, stalactite runoffs, and gravity defying curved stalactites makes for an unforgettably ethereal experience.
The Tour Route
Can we visit the cave today?
Yes, the Imre Vass Cave Tour is leaving today at the following times:
01st April - 30th September
01st January - 31th March and 01st October - 31th December
Class Trip Group Ticket****
- 6 - 14 years old children,
- Hungarian and foreign students with valid student ID card, and,
- retired person
* * Conditions for nursery school and chaperone tickets:
- 3 - 6 years children,
- Adults accompanying disabled visitors (1 person per disabled guest, 2 people for those in wheelchairs),
- Adult or student groups of more than 20, one discounted ticket. For nursery school groups, 1 discounted ticket for groups larger than 5 (for every 5 people in the group, the sixth person qualifies for a discount),
- Bus driver for groups of more than 20, maximum 1 discounted ticket,
- Translator for a non-Hungarian speaking tour group.
* * * Families qualify for a Family Discount Ticket if the group is comprised of two adults and at least one child. Families with three or more children qualify for the even cheaper Class Trip Group Ticket**** (800 HUF).
* * * * Class Trip tickets may be redeemed any time during the year by Hungarian primary and middle schools and their chaperones.
+Combination Ticket Discount!
Guests visiting the two different sections of the Baradla Cave over two consecutive days are eligible for the following specially discounted Combination Tickets:
Rákóczi Cave Tour + Imre Vass Cave Tour: 4700 Ft/2350 Ft*
*Regular price/Discounted price. Please see Discount Tickets section above for more information.
* * * * * Combination ticket discount! Guests visiting more than one cave or more than one cave section on the same day, or on two consecutive days, qualify for a special discount. In order to redeem this discount, it is necessary to bring your ticket from the first cave or cave section you visited to the show at the ticket office when you purchase your second tour. Appropriate cave tours include: Baradla Aggtelek Cave Tour, Baradla Intermediate Tour from Red Lake, Baradla Short Tour from Jósvafő, Imre Vass Cave Tour and the Rákóczi Cave Tour.
Only standard Adult and Discount tickets qualify for this special. Preschool, Chaperone, Family and Class Trip Group tickets are ineligible.
The ticket office GPS coordinates: N48.290670 E20.323878
Imre Vass Cave and Ticket Office Click the map to enlarge
The tour departs from the Baradla Cave Jósvafő Ticket Office, and also returns there. The guide will meet you and accompany you there and back.
Tickets can be purchased at the Baradla Cave Jósvafő Ticket Office.
The average temperature in the cave is +10°C.
During times of flooding, only certain parts of the cave may be visited, or not at all.
The maximum of number per tour group is 10. If this number is exceeded, smaller groups will be formed and guided through the cave separately. In this case, the duration of the tour also increases.
No reservations are necessary, but please inquire ahead of time regarding tour availability.
Imre Vass Cave Ticket Office: (+36) 48-506-009
Tourinform Office, Aggtelek: (+36) 48-503- 000